FORDATA considers data protection and privacy to be of paramount importance. We never sell personal data and we carry out all processing operations in strict compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (specifically but not limited to Article 6 (1) (b) to (f) and Article 28) as well as the Laws of Poland where FORDATA is incorporated.
1. Who processes my personal data?
The administrator of personal data is: FORDATA sp.z o.o [Ltd] (hereinafter referred to as FORDATA) with its seat in Poznań at: Taczaka 24, 61-819 Poznań, Poland, Register No 0000324804 kept by Local Court in Poznan, VIII Economic Division of National Court Register, VAT: 634-270-95-49, STAT NUMBER: 241110970. Email address to be used for contacts in matters connected with the Service: email@example.com, phone number: 00 48 61 660 15 10.
2. For what purposes are my personal data processed?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
a. commercial (name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number, company, position, preferred language) – e.g. to provide you with price information, prepare a personalized quote, arrange a sales meeting, answer your questions about our services, encourage you to buy or conclude a contract
b. marketing (name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number, company, position, preferred language) – e.g. to send you our newsletter or other marketing content
c. creating groups of ad recipients (e-mail address) – your e-mail address may be sent, e.g. to LinkedIn Ads, Google Ads in order to create a group of ad recipients. The e-mail address is hashed before it is sent to the given system. The e-mail address is not passed on to third parties or other advertisers. It is deleted immediately after the matching process is completed.
3. On what grounds can the Administrator process my personal data?
We process your personal data on the basis of specific legal provisions:
• when you consent to commercial content – pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 l. a) of the GDPR
• when we have the so-called legitimate interests (e.g. sending our newsletter) – pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 l. f) of the GDPR
• when you conclude a contract with us for the use of the VDR System, including a contract for service testing („Trial Service”) – pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 l. b) of the GDPR
• when we are obliged to fulfill obligations resulting from legal provisions (e.g. tax) – pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 l. c) of the GDPR
• when you conclude a contract with us for a Trial Service – during the use of the Trial Service
4. How long is my data stored?
Your personal data are processed and stored for the period necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected or for the purposes of complying with the law:
• in the case of data processing for commercial purposes – until the consent is withdrawn
• in the case of data processing in connection with the implementation of the so-called legitimate interests (e.g. sending the newsletter and other marketing purposes) – until you submit an objection
Personal data will also be processed for the period provided for by law (e.g. to assert or secure our possible claims; for tax purposes)
5. Automatic collection of information – Policy regarding Cookies and similar Technologies
5.1. IP addresses
An IP address is a number assigned to a user’s computer during an Internet connection that enables communication between the given computer and the server. The IP addresses of users visiting the site can be registered to ensure the security of the IT system and for diagnostic purposes as well as for assessing the operation of the website.
A. What are cookies and can they be turned off?
Cookies are placed by our Website on the user’s computer or device connected to the Internet during each visit to our website, which allows our Website to remember the user’s computer or device and serves several purposes.
Although most web browsers automatically allow cookies to be placed on your computer, you may not agree to this by making changes to your browser settings (in most cases, this option can be found in the Tools or browser Settings menu). You can also delete cookies from your device at any time. In this case, please note that by not agreeing to the placement of cookies, you will not be able to fully use all the functions of our Website.
Additional information about managing cookie files can be found in the web browser’s Help file or on websites such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies perform various functions, facilitate navigating the Website and store information about your preferences in order to present you with relevant content and contribute to improving the quality of our services.
• Manage your preferences and improve the functioning of our Website. As part of these activities, we can collect information about when and for how long you visit our pages, or information about the history of your browser.
• Analyze the availability of our Website, ways of its use and performance. We use this information to maintain, service and continually improve our services.
• To obtain information about the number of users who visited the Website (statistical purposes),
• Perform marketing activities.
C. What types of cookies and other technologies do we use?
The Website uses two basic types of cookies “session cookies” and “persistent cookies”, Session cookies are temporary files stored in the User’s terminal equipment until the User logs out and leaves the Internet page or turns off the software (web browser). “Persistent cookies” files are stored for a period of time specified in cookies files parameters or until they are deleted by the User.
The following types of cookies are used within the Website:
• “Essential cookies” enable to use services available within the Website such as: authentication cookies files used for services requiring authentication within the Website;
• “Performance” cookies allow collection of information about the manner of using the Website;
• “Functional” cookies, allow “remembering” settings chosen by the User and personalization of User’s interface, such as: chosen language or region of the User’s origin, font size, visual appearance of the website, etc.
D. Do we have third party cookies or plug-ins on our Website?
Based on your personal data, we can perform profiling, i.e. automatic assessment of certain personal factors concerning you. Below we indicate in which situations profiling may occur. We perform profiling in order to properly select communication and promotional materials for our business. In addition, we may also take into account statistical data on behavior on FORDATA websites.
Below is a list of third parties to whom we enable cookies or other technologies to be placed on your device.
E. What can you do to delete, disable or block cookies?
Your web browser usually provides you with information on how you can refuse, delete or block cookies. Below you will find links that will redirect you to relevant information related to several of the most popular browsers:
• Google Chrome
• Internet Explorer
• Mozilla Firefox
You can opt out of third party cookies used in Google Analytics by changing your ad settings or by using the tool provided here: https://adssettings.google.com
Remember, if you decide to block cookies used on our Website, you may not have access to all or some of the services we provide.
5.3 Widgets and social applications
Individual pages within the Website may use other third-party tools and widgets to offer users additional functionalities, e.g. the use of these tools or widgets may cause the collection of cookies on users’ devices in order to facilitate the use of these websites and ensure that user interaction is displayed correctly on our sites.
Cookies themselves do not contain information about the user’s email address and personal data. Our analytical reports may contain other identifiers, including IP addresses that are used to determine the number of unique users of our websites.
6. Sharing personal data with other entities
We declare that we do not sell your personal data to other entities. We transfer personal data to other entities only when it is necessary to provide services related to the operation of the Website, order completion, or in situations required or permitted by law. In certain cases, we may disclose personal data to our employees or colleagues (i.e. sub-contractors, law office, debt-collection company), or – in the form of entrusting their processing – we may disclose it to external companies, including service providers (e.g. IT services related to the Website) acting on our behalf, to process user requests or provide services to Website users.
Some personal data related to transactions are transferred to our service provider outside the European Union. These data will be forwarded to Switzerland, based on Art. 45 item 1 GDPR, without the need to obtain additional permits and consents.
In the event that one of our suppliers is based in a country outside the EEA, in particular in the USA, in each case we make sure that it provides adequate data security guarantees, which is confirmed by having the appropriate certificate, e.g. Privacy Shield (in relation to entities from the USA), which can be checked by clicking on the following link: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list or Standard Contractual Clauses signed with us, approved by the Commission.
7. My rights
If you would like to modify or correct your data that you provide to us or correct any errors contained in it, you can send to the address firstname.lastname@example.org a request to update or delete specific data, therefore we will take all appropriate actions to meet this request .
You should also remember about your rights in connection with the processing of your personal data referred to in the GDPR, i.e.
• the right to request access to your own personal data (including obtaining confirmation as to whether it is being processed and obtaining information, e.g. on the purposes, sources, categories data processing or the period of storage), which includes the right to receive a copy of your own data free of charge,
• the right to rectify personal data (if it is incorrect), which also includes supplementing incomplete personal data,
• the right to delete personal data (the so-called “right to be forgotten”), when, for example, they are not necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected, consent to their processing has been withdrawn or there are no other legal grounds for their processing,
• the right to limit data processing when, for example, you question the correctness of personal data – for a period enabling us to check the correctness of this data,
• the right to object to the processing,
• the right to transfer data, including receiving from us in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format your own personal data that you provided to us,
• the right to withdraw your consent to data processing (whereby the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out on the basis of the consent given before its withdrawal),
• the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, if you find that the processing of personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR.
8. Source of data
The source of your personal data is:
• you yourself, as the person who provided us with your data, e.g. by e-mail or telephone, or using the forms on our website,
• VDR system for the use of which you have given your commercial and / or marketing consent
• publicly available sources, i.e. the Internet (in particular: the database of the Business Activity Central Register and Information Record, the search engine database of the National Court Register, search engines of the LinkedIn website, websites on which your personal data has been placed
9. Data security and integrity
We apply appropriate policies and procedures to secure personal data against unauthorized loss, misapplication, alteration or destruction. We make every effort to ensure that access to users’ personal data is restricted to people who need to know this information. Persons who have access to data have the appropriate authorization and are required to maintain their full confidentiality.